Don't let the rain deter you, let it inspire you! Some of the most gorgeous days in Washington are when the rain sprinkles down and the streets shine. When the sun starts to fade, the nightlife heats up.
Ideas for an Inspired Winter Night
- The 32nd Annual Olympia Film Festival kicks off November 6 at the Historic Capitol Theater in downtown Olympia and runs through November 15. The film lineup is phenomenal! MORE>>
- Guaranteed giggles at Let's Play-The Princess and the Pea at the Olympia Family Theater. This show is interactive and suitable for all ages from toddlers on up. MORE >>
- Catch American actor, Hal Holbrook as Mark Twain at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts in November. He'll give his dramatic recitals from Twain's writings. MORE>>
- How about a Vaudeville Show? Dance, music, comedy, storytelling, burlesque, juggling, and more, hosted by storyteller Elizabeth Lord at The Midnight Sun Performance Space in Olympia. MORE>>
Stay & Relax
Standing in the lobby of the gorgeous, new La Quinta Inn in Tumwater feels like you're standing in the middle of the Capitol rotunda. Make the most out of your trip and cozy up with a glass of vino at nearby Uncork & Unwind, before turning in for the night. Book Now >>
Top 5 Things to Do Rain or Shine!
- Get your adrenaline rush at Warren Miller's 66th snowsports film, Chasing Shadows at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts on November 12 and 13.
- Sip prohibition era signature cocktails at Dillinger's Cocktails & Kitchen
- Kick back with a pint and revel in the tunes at Rhythm & Rye
- Sample the finest flavors at Encore Chocolates & Teas.
- Wander through the 105-acre marine day use Tolmie State Park. Don't forget your Discover Pass and umbrella!
A little bit about Olympia and Thurston County:
One part charming college town, one part Washington state capitol and two parts untouched natural terrain, Thurston County – including the cities of Olympia, Lacey and Tumwater - provides the perfect mix of quirky culture, farm-fresh fare, urban amenities, and majestic beauty.