Cascading falls and rich traditions
Tumwater is filled to the brim with captivating history and vibrant nature. With traditions rooted in brewing, artesian wells and the Old Brewhouse serve as reminders of the area’s significance as Puget Sound’s first American settlement.
This picturesque Northwest community is nestled along the Deschutes River as it cascades through three sets of falls to meet Puget Sound.
DON'T MISS THESE LOCAL SPOTS. Really:
- Tumwater Falls Park is home to a salmon run in the Fall and is one of the top attractions in the region. The beautiful falls are easily accessible and will rejuvenate you for the day.
- Visit the Historical Parks with the best view of the Old Brewhouse!
- Take in the excitement of the Olympic Flight Museum, when you step back in time with vintage airplanes and helicopters.
- Visit the Schmidt House & the Historic District highlighting the rich brewing history of Tumwater.
- Stroll the Pioneer Park Trails and enjoy the soothing sounds of the running river.