The safety of visitors and residents is our highest priority and we’re doing our part to go above ‘and beyond’ in the Olympia region. Let us help you plan your next handcrafted escape to slow down and relax with the ones you love the most. Don’t forget to check our “safe travel” page for the latest updates on measures and limitations.
Wear a (locally made) mask and save a business
Local makers and friendly faces make our region genuine. Help us curb the increased transmission rates of COVID-19 and save a small business. Express yourself with a handcrafted, eclectic face mask from Hot Toddy in downtown Olympia, or at pieces to peaces at the Olympia Farmers Market. Bonus points for picking up extras for the family.
Please wear masks per Washington state’s requirement.
Maintain the (outdoor) distance
Social distancing is easier in our backyard, filled with hikes, trails and wide-open spaces. Plan a nature-filled escape with hiking, biking and camping at Millersylvania State Park or Capitol State Forest. Enjoy access to 170 acres of parkland and waterfront along the Chehalis-Western Trail.
Bring your pajamas and stay awhile
There’s a lot to enjoy—consider spending the night so you can see it all, relax and go at your own pace.. Local hoteliers sanitize public areas hourly and have taken other steps to create clean environments for guests.
- At Great Wolf Lodge, the “Paw Pledge” is a stepped-up commitment to a clean, safe environment. The lodge provides personal protection equipment and enforces social distancing.
- At Lucky Eagle Casino, all team members carry a small spray bottle with a cleaning solution to clean gaming areas.
- Once you’ve checked in to the Swantown Inn, the staff won’t enter your room until you check out. They’ll leave fresh linens and supplies in a bag outside your room.
- The Red Lion Inn collects used room key cards and pens at the front desk and sanitizes them before re-use.
- Guest rooms at the Fairfield Inn Marriott in Rochester are minimalized (no decorative pillows and coffee maker). Staff now spend an hour cleaning each room—rather than 30 minutes—for better sanitation.
Don’t forget to share.
Don’t miss out on any of these easy to plan adventures. Check back monthly for new trip ideas and daycations (or staycation if you’re a local) and don’t forget to share! Tag your social posts #DecidedlyDifferent and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter (@Experience_Oly) and Instagram (@ExperienceOly).