Around since the 1920s, the marina is the heart of the Boston Harbor neighborhood and provides a relaxing, beautiful destination highlighting this region's natural beauty. Located about 7 miles north of Olympia, Boston Harbor Marina sports amazing views of the Sound set against the backdrop of the magnificent Olympic Mountain Range.
Boston Harbor Marina is one of the only public access marinas in our area. Come down to the classic wooden docks and take a stroll among the boats to get a closer view of the amazing marine wildlife. On a good day you can see crabs, sea slugs, anemones, starfish, herons, otters, bald eagles, seals, the occasional sea lion, and even orcas (if you're really really lucky!). Our scenic covered deck provides a great view of the South Puget Sound, and is a beautiful place to sit and enjoy our vast selection of craft beers or vintage sodas. This is where we host local bands and breweries on Friday nights in the summer.
Whether you're looking to bring the kids for a fun day playing on the beach and discovering our marine creatures, or if you're looking to have an adventure out on the water on one of our paddleboards or kayaks, or if you're just looking to relax with a great beer and enjoy the view, Boston Harbor Marina is where you want to be!
- Fuel - Our fuel dock dispenses Valvetec Marine grade gasoline and diesel 7 days a week. Our brand new fuel dispensers will get you back on the water in no time!
- Boat Rentals - Kayak or Standup Paddleboards (Sups) are available to rent (dependent upon weather conditions).
- Boat Launch - We are conveniently located directly next to the Boston Harbor boat launch, which is operated and maintained by Thurston County Parks. The boat launch is accessible 24 hours a day, and open for use at all hours as long as the tide permits. Boaters can side tie to our guest dock to make a last minute trip to the marina store or pick up crew from the docks.
- Guest Moorage - Guest moorage can be reserved in advance over the phone. Please call the store to reserve your slip, or check in with a manager if you are pulling in for a quick stop at the marina to make sure you don’t take someone’s reserved slip.
- Store and Gift Shop - Browse our quaint store for delicious local goodies and savory smoked salmon (caught and smoked locally). The Snack Shack is open every day in the summer, and during special events the rest of the year - although you can get a cup of our homemade clam chowder every day! Our ice cream machine dispenses towering soft serve cones year round. We also have an extensive selection of craft beer, wine, and vintage sodas to quench your thirst. You can pick up a Boston Harbor Marina t-shirt or hat in our Gift Shop, or check out our collection of home goods, Native wear, jewelry, toys, and artwork.
- Snack Shack - Our Snack Shack features all the classics - homemade clam chowder, fish & chips, hot dogs, etc. We have a kids' menu, as well as a variety of sandwiches and paninis.
- Beach - Our private beach is open to all marina visitors and of course, their dogs. We have plenty of beach chairs and picnic tables available.
- Family Friendly
- Pet Friendly